Dental Assistant Training at Everest Institute
Would you like to become an integral member of a dental health care team?
Dental assistants are educated to perform chairside assisting procedures, and related office and laboratory tasks under the direction and supervision of a licensed dentist.
The variety of tasks you learn may allow you to be challenged by diverse responsibilities in the delivery of dental care.
As part of the Dental Assistant diploma program,* you will gain knowledge of the basic dental sciences, proficiency in laboratory and clinical skills, and practical experience involving specialized dental practices.
Hands-on dental assistant training includes a study of:
- Dental Office Emergencies
- Dental Radiography
- Dental Specialties
- Operatory Dentistry
- Laboratory Procedures
- Dental Anatomy and Orthodontics
- Dental Assistant Externship
You can obtain hands-on experience in a laboratory setting using equipment such as amalgamators, dental chairs, model trimmers, oral evacuation equipment, oxygen tanks, personal computers, ultrasonic units, digital x-ray equipment and Dentrix (front office software).
Duties of a dental assistant may include chairside assisting and basic dental procedures, which includes preparing, passing and receiving instruments and materials for use by the dentist; cleaning and sterilizing dental instruments; providing education to patients about good dental health; and performing preventive procedures, x-rays and taking impressions.
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities offer you hands-on career education in some of America's established career fields. Benefits include:
- Programs that can be completed in as little as one year, allowing you to get the training you need and into the workforce quickly.
- Courses taught by instructors who are former industry professionals eager to provide you with practical insights into the subjects they teach.
- Flexible schedules designed to meet the needs of working adults and support systems designed to help you succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
- Career Services professionals who can help you find postgraduation employment opportunities in your area—a service you can access throughout your career.*
- Everest is dedicated to your success today—and tomorrow!
Popular Career Training Programs
Everest Colleges, Institutes and Universities offer career education in these and other popular areas:
- Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Pharmacy Technician
*Employment is not guaranteed, but career services help is available for students and graduates.
Programs, program lengths and program schedules vary by campus and by state. Everest College, Institute, and University are part of Zenith Education Group.
Accreditation and Disclosure
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit our website at http://www.everest.edu/disclosures
*Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
OH REG 04-07-1722T